Combat Engineer
Create Post

Thread: Combat Engineer

Combat Engineer

Good evening Marines,

I have a few questions about Combat Engineer 1371.
    What exactly do you do? Blow stuff up? Or do you also build things?
    Because I was considering this MOS because I love making big booms, but I hate building things, so its down to Artillery or Combat Engineer.
    Help?
    Thanks

Credits
    Savings
    Wing??????

Huh? lol
    I hate air planes haha.
    Oh and I just did some searching, and found out you can get 3 jobs as a Combat Engineer.
    Division, Air wing, and Something else.
    Can you pick which one? Or does it depend on the need of the Corps?

Quote Originally Posted by 119Wrestler View Post
    Good evening Marines,

I have a few questions about Combat Engineer 1371.
    What exactly do you do? Blow stuff up? Or do you also build things?
    Because I was considering this MOS because I love making big booms, but I hate building things, so its down to Artillery or Combat Engineer.
    Help?
    Thanks
    We had a squad of Combat Engineers attached to your company every time we deployed.
    They laid breaches, worked with EOD, blew up weapons caches, set up door charges, etc. They worked with our 0351's when it came to demo.

The only time you actually get to "see" the explosion in artillery is when you are an FO, and that's a Comm MOS.

That was my old mos in the 90's. It depends on the unit you are assigned to or what reserve unit is closest to you . For example if you live near or are assigned to a support battalion, you will do more building. (Example, building shiitters in the field, hootches, concertina wire and berm fortifications around a base and so forth) You will build what is required by the Support Battalion. If you live near or are assigned to a Combat Engineer Battalion you will do more demo. (Example blow up weapons caches, use c4 for demo of IED's, work with Explosive Ordinace Disposal, breaching fortifications, clearing mine fields and so forth) If you are with CEB you may be attached to Infantry units on missions. You can pick with side you will work for if you go reserves but it depends on what type of Engineer unit is closest to your home town. If you go active, it will depend on the need of the Corps. Semper fi

Quote Originally Posted by Pete0331 View Post
    The only time you actually get to "see" the explosion in artillery is when you are an FO, and that's a Comm MOS.
    Actually, FO is an arty MOS 0861 but his primary weapon is the radio.

Combat Engineer

Combat Engineers have two missions - build it or blow it up.

My unit has done ATs in Panama, Hondoras, El Savador, S. Korea, & Texas as part of humanitarian missions. On these missions they built schools, community centers, roads, drainage systems, etc.

In 2003 combat engineers were tasked with creating the invasion lanes by blowing through berms in some areas on the Iraqi/Kuwait border. Engineers also built up FOBs and supply bases throughout the AO.

Basically coming out of school you will learn about basic demolition and basic construction. If you goto YouTube and search Marine Engineer you will get some videos of Marines going through the school and a couple from in country.

Sgt Reynolds

Oh alright.
    Well I have to think about it, because I hate building things more than anything.
    So I wouldnt want to get stuck building things.
    I'll probably go arty.
    For the Arty guys out there, did pulling the lanyard eventually get boring?

Quote Originally Posted by 119Wrestler View Post
    Oh alright.
    Well I have to think about it, because I hate building things more than anything.
    So I wouldnt want to get stuck building things.
    I'll probably go arty.
    For the Arty guys out there, did pulling the lanyard eventually get boring?
    Any job you get will seem boring at one point or another.
    Pulling the lanyard is fun, but can get old 24 hrs into the CAX and after 50 rounds.
    Being a A-gunner in a direct fire mission is fun, though. Feels like you're a tank gunner.

Brother in law is a Combat Engineer. He said hes basically a Grunt plus Blows **** up and builds stuff rarely.

Thread Information